Skip to main content
TORIT - 14 Jan 2020

Torit family hospitalized with suspected food poisoning

A mother and her three children have been hospitalized due to suspected food poisoning after eating meat from a dead cow in Torit East County of Torit State over the weekend.

Lucy Asienzo Felix, a nurse at Torit hospital’s paediatric ward, told Radio Tamazuj that they had received four patients vomiting and experiencing diarrhea from Murahatiha village in Torit East County.

 “We have four patients, three daughters and their mother. They are all sick,” Asienzo said.

“We are trying to control diarrhoea plus vomiting, so the diarrhoea plus the vomiting have stopped,” she added.

The nurse advised villagers to desist from eating meat from dead animals.

Siama Mary, the mother of the three children, admitted they ate a dead calf’s meat. She advised the locals to avoid eating meat that could harm them.