MP accuses NAS, SPLA-IO of killings in Morobo
At least 15 civilians were killed in clashes between the opposition National Salvation Front (NAS) forces and SPLA-IO troops in several villages of Morobo County in Central Equatoria State, an area lawmaker said.
Ramijo Remo, the Morobo County MP in the national assembly, told Radio Tamazuj on Wednesday that 10 civilians were killed in Payume and Lujule payams on May 31.
“Also, hundreds of people have been forced to run into the bush and their properties were looted by the fighters,” he explained.
However, NAS spokesperson, Suba Samuel Manase claimed SPLA-IO forces under the command of Gen. John Mabie and Gen. Moses Lokujo carried out systematic attacks, displacing and looting civilians in areas around Morobo County for two consecutive weeks.
He accused the SPLA-IO of brutally killing over 15 innocent civilians in the villages of Panyume, Mongoyo and Loguni in Morobo County.
For his part, Col. Lam Paul Gabriel, the SPLA-IO deputy military spokesman accused the NAS forces of attacking it base in Busia.
The SPLA-IO officer denied their alleged involvement in the killing of innocent civilians in Central Equatoria. “On the 30th of last month, our base in Busia was attacked and one of our soldiers was killed and three others injured.
Lam urged the ceasefire monitoring body (CTSAMM) to investigate the incident and hold the perpetrators accountable.