Skip to main content
YIDA - 1 Mar 2013

Fire tears through part of Yida Camp

A fire broke out at the students’ hostel in Yida Camp for refugees from South Kordofan yesterday, burning a number of houses yesterday, a mill and three barrels of gasoline.

Students told Radio Tamazuj that the fire broke out in the hostel and quickly caught on other nearby houses. People failed to extinguish the blaze.

The students added that the fire accelerated when three barrels of gasoline and a mill machine caught fire.