About 300 youth abducted by rebels in Gbudue: state official
Gbudue state officials have accused the armed opposition in the area of abducting about 300 young men and women early last month and enrolled them into military training, a claim the opposition forces allied to rebel leader Riek Machar denied.
The state Information Minister Gibson Wande told Radio Tamazuj on Tuesday that among the kidnapped are refugees from neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo and they were taken Yangeri area.
Wande the said three girls and one young man who were abducted where released by the rebels based on their health condition.
He said the abductees said they were forced into military training against their wish.
Wande condemned the act and called of the immediate release of the abductees.
For his part, the spokesperson of the SPLM-IO Machar in Western Equatoria, Bafuka John denied the allegations saying they are not involved in any kidnappings in the state.
John said they instead receive people who voluntarily turn up at the military training centre at Yangeri.